Find out about working with Ben Uri, The London Museum of Jewish Art. Details of current vacancies are made available on this page.
Positions now open for applications
Learning Programmes Manager
An opportunity for an experienced and creative person to deliver a high quality educational service. The Learning Programme promotes knowledge, experience and understanding of the key themes of the Ben Uri collection and its exhibitions. Find out more and how to apply for the Learning Programmes Manager position.
Volunteer Web and Social Networking Internship
Working as part of a team you will be updating Ben Uri’s website using a content management system and monitoring website analytics. You will also help us to manage and develop our international reputation on Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and other social networking platforms. Find out more and how to apply for the social media internship.
New active executive and support Board members ready to transform the already planned vision to an extraordinary reality
Ben Uri is actively planning a new, exciting 50,000 sq. ft. Museum of Art, Identity and Migration in the heart of London's established museum locales. We are now ready to recruit a new set of Boards to extend our reach and support across London and internationally. A Centenary Board (Ben Uri will celebrate its centenary in July 2015), a Patrons Board, an Arts Events Board, a Young Professionals Board, an International Supporters Board and an enlarged Executive Trustee Board are key parts of the strategy to establish a significant permanent gallery in London, strengthen our programmes and engage larger and wider audiences from across London's diverse and large in number émigré communities and all those around us.
We are looking for colleagues across all ages, professions and communities who passionately share our vision of a large centrally-located gallery and museum for 'everyone' telling the stories of immigrant communities' journeys to London and challenges of identity and integration through their artists and their art.
We seek a broad range of skills and experience as detailed here:
- Property – Involved or in the close surrounds of the London market.
- Finance – Create innovative secure opportunities for supporters and investors to commit to the needs of the museum – revenue and capital. Drive the management accounting presentations at Board.
- Secretarial / HR – Ensure all regulatory returns are made on time – lead on any legal issues and add experienced HR input.
- Marketing, PR, Web & Social Media – Professionalise our current often successful campaigns to maximise opportunities.
- Wellbeing – Assist and guide our team in developing our programmes to maximise impact and funding within new Health Service and local government structures.
- Learning and Outreach – Bring a wide knowledge and expertise to expand our already successful local and national programming.
- Business to Business – Help refine and expand our Preferred Partnerships where Ben Uri develops a productive marketing campaign for the preferred partner company in return for varying levels of payment.
- Fund Raising – Lead the Board’s capital and revenue campaigns through building a network of ambassadors, support committees and institutional and business partners.
- Art – We seek to appoint both a distinguished artist and a curator / scholar / museum professional to ensure the creative voices are heard and listened to.
If you are interested in discussing further please email the Chair, David Glasser to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short resume and detail your specific areas of interest and expertise.
Ben Uri operates an on-going intern programme across all disciplines in the museum including:
- curatorial planning and research
- collections management and research
- operations, development and grant applications
- web management, IT and social media
- Learning for schools and adults, Art as Therapy
- plus other support opportunities.
Intern development programme
All interns have their own development programme and an Intern Mentor and Advisor. To let Ben Uri invest in your future, please contact us and tell us your area of interest.