- This event has passed.
Half-day Study Session: 16 April 2pm-5.30pm
April 16 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm£13 – £15
This half-day study session has been timed to coincide with the exhibition ‘Out of Austria’, marking the 80th anniversary of the Anschluss, and exploring the impact and legacy of Austrian artists who fled during the Nazi era to settle in Great Britain.
Attendees can enjoy a private view of the exhibition and six wide-ranging papers by leading academics and specialists in the field:
- Prof. Charmian Brinson speaking about the Austrian Centre and Young Austria in Wartime Britain
- Kathe Deutsch, on artist Eric Deutsch
- Prof. Fran Lloyd speaking about artist Ernst Eisenmayer
- Dr. Anna Nyburg speaking about Austrian émigré publishers
- Dr. Ines Schlenker speaking about artist Marie-Louise von Motesiczky
- Jennifer Taylor speaking about Robert Lucas, a Viennese Cabaret Writer at the BBC
Papers will last around 20 minutes with the opportunity for Q&A afterwards. There will be one 30 minute break. Refreshments are provided nearby.
The study day will be dedicated to Ernst Eisenmayer who sadly passed away on 23 March 2018, aged 98.
Tickets are £15/£13 concessions* and include refreshments. SOLD OUT – to be added to the waiting list click here
*Friends of Ben Uri, students, over 65s, those receiving JSA or Income Support
If you have any queries regarding our events please: